Sump Pump Failure Causes Flooded Basement
Mid-Michigan's spring rainstorms can cause a lot of damage for homeowners. The rains during April caused this sump pump in this home to fail and overflow water into the basement. After a quick fix from a plumber to get the sump pump back in working order, our crews were onsite getting water extracted and the basement dried out, returning the affected areas to preloss condition.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.